
Tonight I did an 1.5hr meditation class. It was a mixture of guided meditation, pranayama (meditation through breath) and mantra meditation. It's the first one I've been to in something like two years. Why I left it so long I don't know. My friend and I vowed to go back at least once a month. My mind feels relaxed and rested, like I've just woken up from the best night's sleep.
The thing that works best for me is mantras. After 15 minutes of chanting OM, RADHA, GOVINDA, NARAYANA over and over in my head... I'm gone. The repetition is instantly calming and centres you into being more mindful.
Also, especially when you're not so good at meditation (like me), the images and stuff that pop into your mind when meditating (that you push calmly away, of course) are totally out there. It's a trip man.
The only thing I can liken it to is being in a dreamstate when you're awake, like woah!

No comments:
Post a Comment