Sunday, July 18, 2010

3 WOMEN


I just finished watching
3 Women. It's been a while since I last saw it. Shelley Duvall's performance is brilliant, she really breaks my heart in it. She's such a desperate character. I think it's one of her best roles.

Robert Altman based the film on a dream he had. And it is very strange and dreamlike... scary. There's something deeply unsettling about the film and it's a feeling you just can't shake
through the whole thing.

Colour is prominent in the film. Plenty of d
usty pastel yellows, purple and pinks which all help to add to the dreamy feel.

I love this scene where Millie shows Pinkie her apartment for the first time. It's the most amazing buttery yellow and white haven and Millie's outfits even match her house!

She really does appear to be "the most perfect person in the world" until things start unravel of course...


No comments: