Sunday, June 20, 2010

NAILED IT







Photos from WAH Nails and Sophy Robson


Getting manicures, looking at nail polish, buying nail polish, applying nail polish and admiring other peoples nailjobs are among my favourite pastimes.

Sad? Insignificant? Pointless? Whatever! I'm of the opinion that nail art/design is a HIGH artform, up there with the great Renaissance masters. Think about it.

Could Vermeer really replicate what some of these chicks can do on their tiny tiny nail canvases, with tiny tiny brushes? That's a meaty question right there.

I could spend all day looking and meditating upon the amazing work of nail artist extraordinare Sophy Robson or the wizards at WAH Nails. When I was in London a few weeks ago, the Wah Nails team were still holed up in the HUGE Topshop on Oxford Street. But I was too skint to justify £35 for a manicure, even if it could have been a potential "life changer".

Sad face.


Just so you are aware the new colour this season, which is already everywhere is Chanel's "Nouvelle Vague"... a dreamy pale, diluted turquoise. Locally Sportsgirl seem to do good versions of most of the "current" colours. They did a dead-ringer for last year's smash Chanel Jade shade and it goes on nice and smooth. That's all.

No comments: